Saturday, March 28, 2009

Batsugun Normal Version high score #1

Photobucket

I started playing Normal version a little while ago, kind of after I cleared the first loop in Special Version. At the moment, I think I like Normal better.

There are a few differences between the two but what you notice first is that your hitbox is much larger and some attacks you could tap dodge pretty easily will now get you, so there are a lot of strategy changes for killing enemies.

The game is just so well realized that I can't help but love both versions equally!

I've been working for the clear of Normal for a week or two and finally made it to the last boss, dying on this run about halfway through his cycle, to end with a high score of 2,810,220.

Stage 4 was giving me the most trouble, but I think I've got a good pattern for it now. Stage 5 isn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be and since enemy placements are the same, I've been able to use a lot of the same patterns that I use in Special Version.

Massively fun game, easy 5 out of 5 in my book.

No comments: