Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ketsui arrives!

Photobucket
Ketsui arrived yesterday and I immediately left work with my friend Dave (on lunch break...) to his place where he has an Astro City and we plugged it right in and credited up.

I have to tell you, all the stories of this game are true. It is beautiful, very hard, and one of the most addictive shooters I have ever played. The scoring is intuitive and constantly pushes you to get closer to enimies, which drives up the fun immesurably. Usually, I go for distance when first playing a game, to see how far I can get on one credit, but with Ketsui, I spent a few hours working on patterns for the first and second levels and constantly trying to increase my chip count.

It really is friggin' brilliant.

Unfortunately for most, the game is also very expensive right now with kits selling for upwards of $1600 and bare boards going for $1000. I spent a good amount, but the board looks brand new and hell, you only live once, right?

If you can pull the money together it, buy it. It is worth every penny.

No comments: