Monday, January 28, 2008

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu - Cave 2008 (aka DDP V)

Photobucket
Cave's next game was announced early this Monday morning and it will be (drum roll please) a sequel to DoDonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou, entitled DoDonpachi Daifukkatsu, which roughly translated, means "great revival."

I couldn't be more stoked! Well, possibly, if Cave had done a Ketsui sequel. But they have one game left to announce this year, so here's to hoping...

Here are two threads going about this new release, one on Danmaku Dreamer and the other on Shumps!

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=18372&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.danmakudreamer.com/viewtopic.php?t=86

Page down on the Danmaku Dreamer thread to see the rough translation of the text from the show flyer. Thanks to GP for the translation.

The composer for the game is my favorite by far, Manbu Namiki. His work is excellent, with only a few mediocre soundtracks to date (Futari, bit of a dissapointment there) and as long as it takes after the Ketsui, Mushihimesame and DOJ soundtracks, we'll be in for some aural delights.

I have asked myself plenty of times what new games I might want to buy in kit form, what games would get me excited enough to spend that kind of dosh, and a sequel to DOJ was on that list, so, maybe...

Truthfully, the cash outlay is huge for a new release, so if I bought it new, I'd have to spend a few months with it and resell to recoup most (if not all) the cash and then get it again at a later date if its good enough to warrant a second purchase. Although, Bee Storm aside, I can't think of a series that has had more solid games than DDP.

No comments: