Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ketsui - INH DVD Booklet - World of Ketsui translation - gamengai


For those of you into superplays like myself, this should be an awesome interview to read that GaijinPunch from Shmups/Cave-STG/Gamengai took the time to translate from the INH DVD boooklet.

http://www.gamengai.com/cmnt_inf.php?id=1378&type=translation&p=1

It's full of good comments from SYO and Futobishi and some humorous stuff. It's also pretty telling in that it took them 7 months and a year and a week respectively to clear the game as a 2-All, but my favorite quote is from Futobishi:

I: Not just with Ketsui, but for other shooters, what part of the screen do you look at?
F: Depending on the situation, the area I look at changes. When there''s bullets I have to be careful of, I look at them, and not the ship. When I have to confirm where the ship is, I look at it, and not the bullets. Sometimes I look at the boss''s life meter, or the multiplier timer, or Mushihime-sama on the next cab, or even Soukyugurentai on the cab behind me. There''s not really one right answer. It would be nice if it displayed where I looked on the DVD, but I don''t think that's possible.

Awesome. Thanks mega to GP for translating this and if you haven't already, head over to gamengai and check out alll the stuff he's got up - flyer scans, translated interviews and just tons of content.

No comments: