Sunday, August 10, 2008

Crystal Castles high score #3

Photobucket

Been working on stages 8-1, 8-2 and 9-3 to pick up some extra points this weekend and knocked out a new high score, but using most;y old patterns.

I have also been trying to get to 10-1 without losing more than one life (as you gain two on your way to the end) so that I can get the max life bonus, a good 60k. I did make it to the end with three extra lives, but lost one when the skeleton at the top of 10-1 decided to walk into the lane I was using, which I haven't seen him do, so I was pretty bummed. I did finish with a 20k life bonus and botched some earlier boards, so I think the 800k game is right around the corner, but we'll see.

Quick anecdote: I was playing this morning and made it to 10-1 with no lives left and died right as I collected the last gem. The game counted it as a finished game for a score of 769k, which became my new high score for a few hours. I was pretty surprised to say the least.

No comments: