Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mushihimesama Maniac high score #2

Photobucket

After 1CCing Mushi Original last week, I have been bouncing back and forth between Ultra and Maniac, with Ultra being zero fun for the time being as I tend to have to bomb or just die every ten seconds. Maniac, on the other hand, is a supremely excellent game and certainly the sparkling jewel of the pcb.

Maniac is more Cave-like in its presentation, with more, but slower bullets, making it much more a bullet hell/bullet dodging-type of game - and it is very, very enjoyable.

I have stages 1 and 2 down pat, but I'm not really working the point pressing on two like I should, but I'll worry about that later. Stage 3 still has me bombing a few times as things tend to catch me off guard, but on this run, I made it to stage 4 with three lives and felt like I read the boards right and made the right moves to get there rather than have a few gimmes and lucky turns.

I ended this run at 39,497,146 and I was pretty happy with it. I almost made it to the end of the 4th stage, but I got caught up in the 3 crossing centipedes at the end of the level and lost my last life. I'll be playing this one over the weekend and working on a 1CC for the next few weeks.

No comments: