Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ketsui high score #3

Photobucket

Although the actual high score this time around didn't beat my old score by much, its where I got to that was important - stage 4, just before the mid-boss, for a new high score of 39,378,336.

This is the farthest I have gone in the game on 1 credit and while it certainly isn't a major accomplishment by community standards, it feels great. The fourth stage has routinely kicked my rear end and I have been playing a few times a day, credit feeding through stages 4 and 5 to try and develop some patterns and I think I have started to put a solid run together.

I was super excited when I beat the stage 3 end boss and I got to stage 4 with one bomb and one life in reserve, but I was really too cautious and didn't push towards the top of the screen in a few places I knew I should have, making the bullet dodging at the bottom of the screen that much harder.

I'm hoping to be able to get to stage 5 in a week or three.

No comments: