Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Gigawing high score #1

 
This score is certainly not as troubling as it could be, but it marks the point at which I am starting to really learn and enjoy this game. I have been playing with quite possibly the worst ship for scoring in Sinnosuke, so I'm gonna change that up and start working on score soon. Once you get use to the mechanics of the game, survival is pretty easy - I made most of this progression in one day - but scoring is where all the difficulty comes from. You have to build up your multiplier and for each stage, there is a stage multiplier that is directly related to how many medals you collect - so huge scores are all about milking each stage for the most medals possible - which takes a lot of skill. Typically, I'm not a huge fan of bullet cancelling/bullet reflection games, but this one is pretty damn good.

No comments: