Friday, March 6, 2009

New PCB: Tatsujin - Toaplan

Photobucket

When I first started playing this in mame, I wasn't sure if I liked it. The mid-bosses were brutally difficult and I spent a lot of time dying and trying to power back up.

It took me some time to get use to the game, flying at max speed (which I am still struggling to do) and trying to survive long enough to get the extra pods on my ship when you get fully powered up. I kept trying the gamer and shaking my head after it beat me down, but I always came back to it.

I got the chance to get the pcb for a good price and jumped on it, especially as I have been all about picking Toaplan boards up at the moment. The game is better on the 29" screen and the soundtrack sounds way better as well.

My score is pitiful at the moment - I am struggling to break 200K - but I keep comming back to it.

No comments: